Monday 16 April 2012

L'oreal Lumi Magique: Highlighing Pen



After toying with the idea of splashing out on a YSL Touche Eclat to cover my under eye circles, I went into Boots to make up my mind. I decided to check out what similar products were avaliable in the cheaper, high street brands. At £25, I thought that, although YSL Touche Eclat it is such a popular product and works wonders, it is a little out of my price range for what it is. After trying out all of the concealer pens, this was the one that stood out to me the most! In my opinion, a lot of the other products were too heavy for under the eye, with the consistency of a heavy foundation rather than a highlighting concealer.

The L'oreal Lumi Magique highlighting pen helps to brighten the appearance of eyes, cover any imperfections and highlight cheekbones, brow bones and the cupid's bow. I have really got on well with this product. It comes in three shades, light medium and dark - I went for the medium. It may seem that the shade range is quite small but I think as they are easily blend-able, there will be a shade for everyone! I have found it to be great under my eyes as it is light and easy to use. The applicator is really gentle which is what you need in the delicate under-eye area. I don't tend to use it on my brow bones or cheeks because I go for a highlighter instead but I am sure it would work great there too! It does last a while but I do like to re-apply a couple of time throughout the day. As you can see from the swatch on the bottom picture, it does reflect the light really well and highlights the applied area. The packaging is also great with a secure lid, great twisting mechanism and expensive-looking gold appearance.

I am sure that from my previous experience, it doesn't match up to the Touche Eclat, however, it comes a close second and at only £8.49 it is worth a try. After trying out the similar products I think that if I had not come across this, I would have been much more tempted to get the  more expensive Touche Eclat.

What do you think - Are there any other products that come close to the more expensive versions and what do you think of this if you have tried it?


2 comments:

  1. love your blog girlie!
    newest follower <3
    say hi back sometime?
    Xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a lot cheaper than YSL but I heard Dior is even better!

    I'll check out the Loreal one!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments you have! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...